Thanks to its lightweight and compact design, the Satcube Ku is designed for outstanding portability. Weighing just 8 kilograms, it represents the ideal all-in-one carry-on satellite terminal solution no larger than a laptop to maintain fast and seamless connections all around the globe.
The Satcube’s Top Features
Not only is the Satcube Ku easy to transport, it doesn’t compromise on performance. Capable of tapping the latest wide-beam Ku and next-gen HTS (High Throughput Satellites), this terminal offers impressively high connection speeds of up to 20 Mbps. Designed with an incredibly intuitive user interface, operating the Satcube couldn’t be easier. It’s 3D point-and-locate functionality is quick and simple to get to grips with, enabling users to get connected within just one minute – essentially, it’s as easy as operating a smartphone, making it the ultimate portable Wi-Fi hotspot wherever you need to go.
Equipped with three powerful, hot swappable batteries, the Satcube Ku has a long three hour transmit time, ensuring effective communication for as long as you need it, while its high contrast display and IP65 rating for protection against dust and water damage makes it a use-anywhere device, especially when bearing in mind its operational temperature range which is especially extensive, extending from -20ºC (4ºF) to 50ºC (122ºF).
Uses And Functionality Of The Satcube
As you might imagine, thanks to its many outstanding features, the Satcube Ku lends itself to a broad spectrum of applications and can be used by an expansive array of users. Whether used for broadcast media, law enforcement purposes, by emergency responders or public safety organisations, to access telemedicine, or by corporate executives and NGOs, this is a truly flexible and versatile piece of equipment to empower users whether in the workplace or out in the field. Some of the Satcube’s most common uses include:
- First responder connectivity – when natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, hurricanes and wildfires strike, first responders are in need of portable and user-friendly satellite terminals to facilitate effective communication. The Satcube Ku supplies an effective internet connection even where cellular services and electricity cannot be accessed.
- Law enforcement and government purposes – thanks to its lightweight construction, the portable Satcube Ku fits easily into a backpack while its user-friendly design ensures that even non-engineers can obtain virtually instant data connectivity in remote and hard-to-access locations. From border patrol to intelligence agencies, governments and law enforcement bodies can make use of this device efficiently.
- Live broadcasting – the Satcube allows journalists to arrive on the scene of breaking news ready and prepared to broadcast live, even if existing infrastructures have been compromised. From live sporting events to natural disaster reporting, media teams are journalists can easily take this lightweight terminal onto a train or aircraft in order to achieve real time connection within one minute.
- Business communication – these days, businesses need fast broadband access and convenient yet reliable communication tools for every employee all of the time. The Satcube connects isolated facilities and remote platforms with fixed offices, meeting the evolving needs of modern businesses when it comes to carrying out communications, reporting and critical tasks in rural locations.
- Engineering and construction – engineering teams are able to provide analytics and data in real time from the field to improve safety, efficiency and to control impacts on the environment, while workers on construction sites can supply teams with an effective Wi-Fi connection so onsite to headquarters communications can be facilitated.