If your Thuraya SG-2520 sat phone is not running firmware version 5.7 you could have problems connecting to the Thuraya network.
To check what firmware version your phone is running:
Select: Menu > Settings > System > System Version
Under "Software version" the phone should say SG_V5.7.
If your phone doesn't have the latest software version follow the steps below to upgrade.
How to upgrade
You will require the following files to upgrade your sat phone.
- Download the Thuraya SG-2520 Upgrader Software on your desktop.
- Go to the desktop and run the setup file.
- Note: To double check successful download, click on Start programs and check if you have Thuraya SG-2520 on your programs list.
- Please skip this step if you already have the program downloaded on your hard disk.
- Download the Thuraya SG-2520 Firmware version 5.7 onto your hard disk.
- Go to Start> Programs > Thuraya SG-2520 > Thuraya SG-2520 Software Upgrade Manual.
Follow the described steps to complete upgrading your Thuraya SG-2520 satellite phone.
Not sure how to carry out your sat phone upgrade?
We can upgrade your phone for you (charges apply). Please contact us for more information.