IsatPhone 2 Firmware 01.04.01
IsatPhone 2 firmware version 01.04.01 is released and available for download now.
Firmware version 01.04.01 supersedes the firmware version 01.00.00 that was released in March 2014 at the time of the product launch by Inmarsat.
Recommendations for installation
This is a recommended firmware upgrade, meaning that the features introduced by the firmware are important but not critical for the GSPS service including the network and the IsatPhone 2 handset.
Pre-requisites for installation and advice after installation
In order to upgrade the handset’s firmware, you must have a PC running Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or XP. The latest version of USB drivers and IsatPhone 2’s firmware upgrade tool must be installed. These can be found in the Inmarsat Support website by visiting http://www.inmarsat.com/support/isatphone-2-support/
Please read the installation guides for the firmware upgrade tool and USB drivers which are also downloadable from the website.
Installing IsatPhone 2 firmware 01.04.01
To install IsatPhone 2 firmware 01.04.01:
- Install USB drivers and the firmware upgrade tool on your PC
- Double click on Inmarsat's firmware upgrade tool and follow on screen instructions.
The firmware upgrade will take approximately between 7 and 12 minutes. After installation, you can check the firmware version by switching on the phone and selecting Menu > Settings > About > Firmware version
Fixes and enhancements in this release - Important enhancements:
- Introduction of a new air interface encryption scheme to improve the security of communications between the IsatPhone 2 and the GSPS ground network
- Various enhancements to the MMI
Important fixes resolving:
- A potential bug causing the battery to discharge when the power button is pressed for a very short period of time while the IsatPhone 2 is powered down.
- The requirement for a manual work around in situations where a brand new or never before used IsatPhone 2 handset fails to register with the network.
- Minimise the rare cases of MMI inconsistencies in call and message alerting when the antenna is stowed.
- Prevent rare bugs causing the IsatPhone 2 to continually restart, hang, or require a reboot during satellite search, while dialling, or during calls..
- Eliminate the bugs that could occur if and when new GSPS gateways are introduced into the network