Happy 1st Birthday to the IsatPhone 2!
As the IsatPhone 2 is now a year old we take a look at the features of Inmarsat's newest handset along with some recent updates to the handset.
IsatPhone Pro, IsatPhone 2's predecessor, was a very popular handset at a great price. However, the needs of sat phone users have evolved, and the IsatPhone 2 is a great solution to those requirements:
- Always contactable: Users can receive notification of inbound calls, even with the antenna stowed
- Location and tracking services: Safety and security on the move with GPS tracking and location services and an assistance button compatible with our www.GTCTrack.com Mapping service
- Robust handset: Engineered to withstand the most extreme situations your customers encounter, IsatPhone 2 operates at -20° to +55°, has humidity tolerance up to 95 per cent, and is dust, splash and shock resistant (IP65, IK04).
- Connect when you need it: Network registration in under 45 seconds, IsatPhone 2 enables your customers to connect quickly and easily.
- Unrivalled battery life: 8 hours of talk time and up to 160 hours standby.
New Feature: GEOS emergency service
Increasingly, safety and security are paramount concerns amongst purchasers of satellite phones, who often work in isolated or volatile areas, so from 02 February, all post-paid IsatPhone 2 customers will be able to access worldwide emergency response services from GEOS, free-of-charge.
See our blog article Life-saving GEOS emergency response service added to IsatPhone 2