Calling Iridium phone numbers can generate high call charges for the calling party. The 2 Stage Dialing service makes calling all Iridium subscribers less expensive for the caller.
The caller dials the Iridium Gateway number. (+1 480 768 2500) The caller then follows the instructions, enters the Iridium phone number they wish to reach and they will be connected to the number. Subscribers proceed as usual when receiving calls via 2 Stage Dialing, as well as dialling outbound calls.
2 Stage Dialing Charges:
Cost per minute to receive the call = $1.35
Cost per minute to the caller = cost per minute to a US phone number
Why use Iridium 2 Stage Dialing?
- No activation fee or monthly fee
- Less expensive for the caller
- Available to both post-paid and pre-paid Iridium subscribers
- A flexible service - Iridium users can manage their call costs by giving the Iridium Gateway phone number or their Iridium phone number
Alternatives to Iridium 2 Stage Dialing
Iridium subscribers can also take advantage of the Iridium +1 Access Service. This reduces call costs to Iridium post-paid subscribers only. The main difference is that the Iridium phone subscriber receives their own unique +1 phone number which when dialled will divert automatically to the Iridium phone number.
|Iridium +1 Access Service||Iridium 2 Stage Dialing|
|Cost/min to receive call||$1.50||$1.35|
|Cost/min to caller*||Cost/min to US number||Cost/min to US number|
|Available to Pay Monthly Subscribers||Yes||Yes|
|Available to Pay As You Go Subscribers||No||Yes|
|Unique +1 phone number directly connects to Iridium phone number||Yes||No|
* The cost per minute to the caller will depend on their calling plan to US numbers.