SPOT announces SPOT Gen4 personal satellite tracker
Globalstar has announced the latest addition to their award-winning range of SPOT satellite trackers, SPOT Gen4. Building on the previous success of SPOT personal satellite trackers, SPOT Gen4 features a new design which enhances the durability of the device while offering the reliable and trusted satellite SOS and messaging services offered by its predecessors.
FACT: Around the globe over 7,000 rescues have been attributed to SPOT satellite technology.
- Upgraded IP Rating of IP68
- Improved Battery Life
- Enhanced Design
- Motion Activated Tracking
SPOT Gen4 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, conserving battery life. Alerts can be set to auto send notifications to others when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas in SPOT Mapping.
“The new SPOT Gen4 was designed for outdoor recreation, adventure enthusiasts or field personnel who travel beyond reliable cell coverage or go off-the-grid for work or pleasure. Its sleek yet rugged appeal is the perfect complement to our SPOT product line. The Gen4 offers enhanced tracking options and functionality through a robust SPOT mapping interface that truly adds value and peace of mind for users all over the world.”Dave Kagan, CEO of Globalstar, Inc.
Subscription Plans & Mapping
SPOT Gen4 will operate on the same cost-effective subscription plans and pricing as SPOT Gen3.
SPOT Gen4 will make use of the new SPOT Mapping portal which offers live and historical map views to view or share your SPOT locations for a minimum of three years.
- Map Layers – Select from several options to view your map in light or dark mode, satellite, open street map or terrain.
- Alerts – User set and system generated for emergency or custom messages, new movement, no movement, check in and help.
- Shared View Improvement – Unlimited shared views with easy interface to share a location.
- Customized Position Icons – Ability to distinguish location points by SPOT product or user that adds a variety of in field and remote management of resources.
- Geofencing – Allows users to create virtual geographic boundaries and set custom alerts.