Maximizing Power with Thuraya Batteries: Ensuring Long-lasting Performance for Your Device
Introduction to Thuraya Satellite Phones
Thuraya satellite phones are among our most popular handsets here at Orbital SatCom. The collection is comprised of the wallet-friendly Thuraya XT LITE, the smart satellite phone Thuraya X5 Touch, and the ruggedized Thuraya XT PRO. The Thuraya SatSleeve+ also features as a way of transforming your existing smartphone into a satellite phone. Thuraya phones allow users to make and take crystal clear voice calls from various locations around the world, however, Thuraya’s network coverage is the most limited of all the providers. Users can only achieve signal in AMEA and APAC regions. We would not recommend purchasing a Thuraya phone if you plan on using it in the Americas or polar regions.
Thuraya XT LITE Battery: Powering Your Essential Communication
When venturing to far-flung locations with your satellite devices, you need to ensure you use them strategically in order to preserve as much battery life as possible. Fortunately, with Thuraya satellite phones, their batteries are long-lasting, meaning you won’t need to spend much time charging them if you are tactical with your usage. The battery life on the XT LITE, for example, provides up to six hours talk time and 80 hours on standby. That means if you’re away for a week, for example, you should only need to charge it a couple of times before it completely runs out of battery.
Thuraya XT Pro Battery: Extended Power for Challenging Environments
By comparison to the Thuraya XT LITE battery, the XT PRO battery is slightly more advanced, delivering 9 hours of talk time and up to 100 hours of standby, allowing users to leave the phone uncharged for longer periods of time. Spare batteries are available to purchase from us at OSAT should you find the need for one, but be aware due to regulated shipping policies, we cannot ship individual batteries on their own.
Thuraya SatSleeve Battery: Enhanced Mobility, Lasting Power
The Thuraya SatSleeve battery is not as enduring as the battery in the XT PRO or XT LITE, offering just 3 hours of talk time and up to 70 hours of standby (with Wi-Fi off). However, what users lose in battery performance they gain in mobility and familiarity when it comes to communication, because they will simply be able to use their existing smartphones with the SatSleeve attached to the back of them. It transforms them into fully-fledged satellite phones that can achieve voice calls in places where traditional cellular data does not exist or cannot reach.
Tips for Maximizing Thuraya Battery Life
We always encourage our customers to optimize their device usage before they embark on their adventure, trip, or excursion. Having a dedicated communications strategy in place ahead of departure is a sensible way to approach satellite phone usage, and we recommend the following things to ensure you get the best from your Thuraya satellite phone:
- Power off your satellite phone when you are not using it. This is the simplest, most important step to follow in order to save battery life. Doing so will prevent your phone from draining power unnecessarily.
- Turn the screen brightness down. The brighter the screen, the more power your satellite phone will use.
- Disable any unnecessary features. Features such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS can all drain your battery. If you don’t need these features, make sure to turn them off.
- Use a power-saving mode. Many satellite phones have a power-saving mode that can help you conserve battery life. This mode will reduce the brightness of the screen and disable any unnecessary features.
Battery Maintenance and Tips for Longevity
Not only do we recommend ways of ensuring your device stays active for longer, but we also suggest ways to improve the health and lifespan of the battery itself. Following these easy steps will go towards the longevity of your Thuraya phone’s battery, and will therefore help extend the activeness of the phone:
- Avoid full charge cycles (0-100%) and overnight charging. Instead, top up your phone more regularly with partial charges.
- Ending a charge at 80-90% is better for the battery than topping up to completely full.
- Use fast charging technologies sparingly and when your device is cool.
- Heat is the battery killer. Don't cover your phone when charging, and keep it out of hot places.
- Regularly test your battery’s voltage.
As always, our team of experts at OSAT is here to help. So, if you need any advice about Thuraya batteries, contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 305 560 5355