IsatPhone Firmware Upgrade 5.6.1
Download the latest Inmarsat firmware upgrade from our website by clicking here.
For users of 5.3.0 or higher this is a recommended upgrade, meaning that the features introduced by the firmware are important but not critical for the GSPS service, including the network and the IsatPhone Pro handset. For users who have not yet upgraded to version 5.3.0 or higher, this upgrade to 5.6.1 is considered ‘mandatory’ to avoid the phone becoming non-operational.
Pre-requisites for installation and advice after installation
- The handset must be running firmware version 3.0.2 or above (you do not need to install all firmware versions between 3.0.2 and 5.5.1).
- To check your phone’s firmware version, go to menu > settings > about > firmware version. In order to upgrade the handset’s firmware you must have a PC running Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP.
- For Windows 7 users, the latest version of USB drivers and IsatPhone Pro’s firmware upgrade tool must be installed. Please read the installation guides for the firmware upgrade tool and USB drivers which are also downloadable from the website.
- Once the phone is upgraded to version 5.6.1, do not downgrade to a version prior to 3.0.5a. If this downgrade is performed, phone book contacts and messages will be erased and call logs (dialled, received, and missed) will not be updated.
To install IsatPhone Pro firmware 5.6.1
- Ensure that USB drivers and the firmware upgrade tool are installed on your PC.
- Double-click on Inmarsat’s firmware upgrade tool and follow on - screen instructions.
The firmware upgrade will take approximately 15 minutes. After installation, you can check the firmware version by switching on the phone and selecting menu > settings > about > firmware version.
Fixes and enhancements in this release
- Enhancement to GPS status feedback.
- Removes the requirement for a manual work-around in situations where a brand-new or never before used IsatPhone Pro handset fails to register with the network.
- Resolution of sporadic events where the IsatPhone Pro handset hangs and needs to be re-booted when GPS fix is not acquired.
- Resolution of reported sporadic events of IsatPhone Pro handset hanging and needing to be re-booted during satellite search, number dialling or during calls.
You can download the latest Inmarsat firmware upgrade from our website here.