The Iridium GO exec™ is an Upgraded Version of the Iridium GO!® Wi-Fi Hotspot
The Iridium GO! and Iridium GO! exec are portable access devices for smartphones and laptops. Iridium GO! is designed for personal use, while Iridium GO! exec offers advanced features and improved performance for business professionals. Here's how the Iridium GO! devices compare.
Key Features of Iridium GO! exec.
The Iridium GO! exec is packed full of upgrades, apps, and new features compared to those of its predecessor, all geared towards efficiency in communication from remote locations around the world. Some of these great new features include:
- Connection Manager: a new feature that helps manage usage with session controls and preconfigured filtering options to avoid bill shock.
- Multi-User Access: up to two high-quality voice lines for calls and multiple data sessions.
- Built-in Speakerphone: enjoy cell phone-quality voice communications.
- 24/7 SOS Monitoring: support is available through registration with the International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC).
- Applications: explore custom apps for purpose-built email, weather, or industry-specific requirements to provide more cost-effective, efficient use of the Iridium Certus® 100 midband service.
- Messaging Apps: WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Signal, Telegram, Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Web Browsing: Firefox, Opera.
- Finance: Venmo, Zelle.
- Home Automation: Google Home.
Why It Is better than Iridium GO!
Taking the Iridium GO! with you on something like an Arctic or Atlantic crossing will serve you well enough as an Iridium Wi-Fi hotspot but you should expect potentially frustratingly slow speeds, and no such thing as the ability to use the everyday messaging apps you’re used to. The Iridium GO! will let you turn your smartphone into a satellite phone by allowing you to make voice calls from anywhere in the world, but the Iridium GO! exec does this so much faster. Up to 40 times faster, in fact. The GO! exec delivers download speeds of up to 88 Kbps compared to just 2.4 Kbps in the original GO! hotspot. The GO! exec also makes navigating and performing messaging tasks so much easier with its lay-flat, full-colour touchscreen display.
The sleek yet rugged Iridium GO! exec is designed to be able to withstand even the harshest environments. It is IP65 rated for protection against dust and water, and built to military—grade toughness of MIL-STD 810H for shock and vibration. It is also extremely versatile, with the reversable cover (provided) able to attach underneath to withstand use on rock or other abrasive surfaces.
The Iridium satellite network is the world’s only truly global network and is made up of 66 LEO (Low Earth Orbit) satellites orbiting the earth. These satellites operate in a mesh system that means users are always within reach of at least one satellite at any given time. When someone uses the Iridium GO! exec to make a call, for example, calls are relayed from the device to one of the Iridium satellites. They are then relayed from one satellite to another then down to an appropriate ground station. The call is then transferred to the public voice network or Internet when it reaches the recipient.
Both the Iridium GO! and the Iridium GO! exec are shining examples of the best Wi-Fi hotspots on the market, however, the GO! exec has been released with dramatic improvements to data and connectivity speeds, look and feel, user-friendliness, and overall messaging capabilities. With built-in app profiles, a full-colour touchscreen display, and serious speed increases, the GO! exec is one of the latest most efficient ways to stay connected to colleagues, friends, or family from any location in the world, no matter how remote.
As always, our team of experts is here to help. So, if you need any advice about the Iridium GO! exec Wi-Fi Hotspot, contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 305 560 5355