The Garmin GPSMAP 66s range is one of the first to receive and use multiple satellite navigation frequencies. Combined with a battery life of up to 16 hours in GPS mode and active weather forecasts you should not leave for your trip without the rugged Garmin GPSMAP 66s.
TOPO Great Britain Pro v2 1:50K Key Features
Shows, within all British National Parks, OS Detailed Path Network, powering on-trail turn-by-turn guidance for customized routes for pedestrian and cycling activity profiles, with specific Named Trails:
- Displays turn-by-turn street navigation on hundreds of thousands of kilometers of roads, with full map coverage from HERE maps
- Plans customized activity routes using ActiveRouting¹, showing routable roads and paths for walking and cycling tours within the British National Parks
- Offers thousands of different, searchable destination choices, with hundreds of thousands of searchable addresses and points of interest, including lodging, restaurants, car parks, banks, petrol stations, attractions, camp sites, trig points and more
- Provides 3-D view and elevation shading on compatible devices so you can estimate terrain difficulty
Includes Digital Elevation Model (DEM) for route profile planning
Worrying about the unpredictability of the weather is the thing of the past with live weather surveillance radar (WSR). You can venture further with live weather forecast information straight to your compatible Smartphone.
The GPSMAP 66s range receives and uses information from the GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and IRNSS satellite systems resulting in increased accuracy no matter what kind of rugged environment you are in.
Pair the GPSMAP 66s with your smartphone to receive emails, text and alerts on your GPS handheld as they're received.
The MicroSD slot allows you to download alternative maps for use on the device.
A United states Military standard (MIL-STD-810) is awarded when a device shows resilliance through its service life. The device has been through multiple enviromental and climatic conditions using laboratory test methods.
Automatic updated from Geocaching Live will be received on the GPSMAP 66s including descriptions, logs and hints.
Garmin Explore App
Download the free Garmin Explore app or use the website to plan your routes before you set off. You can setup waypoints, routes and tracks to sync with the GPSMAP 66s.
Garmin GPSMAP 66s Package Includes
- GPSMAP 66s GPS Handheld
- Access to Birdseye satellite imagery
- USB Cable
- Caribiner Clip
- TOPO Great Britain Pro v2 1:50K microSD/SD card